I will start with the main steps:
- Create the VHD and Attach it.
- Create a Windows 8 bootable USB device.
- Install windows 8 using the bootable USB on the VHD.
Let’s do it. 🙂
Create the VHD and Attach it.
1. Open Disk Management and Create VHD.
2. Specify the virtual hard disk location on the machine and size.
4. Create New Simple Volume…
Create a Windows 8 bootable USB device
1. Choose ISO file
2. Choose media type
3. Insert USB device
4. Begin copying…
Install windows 8 using the bootable USB on the VHD.
1. Restart your PC and begin installing windows normally.
2. At the step that you choose which hard desk drive to install on it, we need to attach our VHD and select it. Press Shift+F10 command line will appear, then you need to type the following…
diskpart select vdisk file="E:\windows8VHD.vhd" attach vdisk list volume exit
3. Finally, the VHD will be listed and you can choose it to continue installing windows.
Keep It Simple & Straightforward!