Within our knowledge transfer activities that held up in the team, I’ve been asked to prepare a session about Scrum so that the whole team can get familiar with Scrum and be able to apply it.
I decided to talk about Scrum via a book called Scrum-and-XP-from-the-Trenches by Henrik Kniberg. It’s a free book and you can download it from here.
This book includes:
- Practical tips and tricks for most Scrum and XP practices
- Typical pitfalls and how they were addressed
- Diagrams and photos illustrating day-to-day work
- Testing and test-driven development
- Scaling and coordinating multiple teams
- Dealing with resistance from inside and outside the team
- Planning and time estimation techniques
We already had 8 sessions that cover this book from start to end. I told myself why not make those sessions public and share them with you hoping that it may help you to start applying Scrum in your team.
In our first session we will cover the following:
- Basic requirements for Agile iterative development
- Teams need to know Scrum basics
- The Nokia standards for Scrum
- Focus on Getting Things Done
- PART ONE – Intro
- What is Scrum?
- PART TWO – How we do product backlogs
- Stories Main Fields
- Additional Story Fields
- How we keep the product backlog at a business level
Next session covers the following:
- PART THREE – How we prepare for sprint planning
- PART FOUR – How we do sprint planning
Thanks and always keep it simple & straightforward 🙂